My favorite thing to make on Sunday is chicken on the barbeque. I just add a little salt and pepper or sometimes Montreal seasoning. It is an easy base for any recipe. It provides me with leftover chicken for the whole week. My husband BBQ’s the chicken on Sunday and I get to reap the rewards all week long. There are so many options for leftover grilled chicken. Here are a few of my favorite:
- Grilled chicken salad (add chicken to any of your favorite salads)
- Grilled chicken pita sandwich (warm up a pita in the microwave for about 10 seconds, add the chicken strips and your favorite dressing, lettuce and some shredded carrots)
- Add chicken to pasta (cook your favorite pasta and your favorite pasta sauce, warm the chicken in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute and top the pasta with strips of chicken. An easy protein addition to any pasta dish)
- Teriyaki chicken and rice (cook the white or brown rice and your favorite sauce, we like teriyaki or peanut sauce. Warm the chicken in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute and top the rice with strips of chicken. An easy protein addition to any rice dish)
- BBQ chicken pizza (get your favorite dough, I like Trader Joe’s and cook per the package and then add your favorite BBQ sauce the chicken and a little parmesan cheese, carrots and green peppers)
- And of course last but surely not least, just eat the grilled chicken. (I have been known to grab a piece out of the fridge and just go when I am in a hurry and need a quick healthy lunch and great boost of protein energy!)
Preparing your chicken ahead of time such as this makes dinner or lunch prep a lot quicker and an easier clean up!